Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Time in Louisville: A Brief Pictorial History

klaatu barada nikto, y'all!

Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still, seen at the Robots exhibit at the Louisville Science Center - my reason for being here in the first place.

Outside LSC, a giant dish made of small mirrors looms over the entrance. How could I pass that up?

Tiny anti-skateboard spikes embedded into the sloping staircase outside the Louisville city hall.

Architecture - old and new.

My hotel lobby, complete with hovering alien observation probe.

Those particular elevators had a rapid rate of ascent and made for an exhilarating ride after sampling some of Kentucky's finest bourbon.

Louisville, I didn't expect much from you, but you didn't disappoint. Maybe I'll catch the Derby some day.  Until then ... 

Posted via email from Preposterous

No comments: