Friday, January 05, 2007

Oh, and for my friends in Los Angeles . . . can you believe this wind?! It caught me totally unawares this morning; an enormous gust roared up and rattled my windows pretty hard. It didn't relent until the sun went down.
I pulled this off of weather.com.

High Wind Warning

LOS ANGELES COUNTY VALLEYS-SANTA CLARITA VALLEY- 457 PM PST FRI JAN 5 2007

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM PST SATURDAY...

A HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM PST SATURDAY.

STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS OF 25 TO 45 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 60 MPH WILL CONTINUE MAINLY BELOW PASSES AND CANTONS THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH OR GUSTS OF 58 MPH OR MORE CAN LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE.

Yup, it's windy; today, I saw a flock of pigeons get blasted apart by the wind. I think they were okay, but it looked very dramatic what with the wings and the bodies careening in thirty different directions and feathers and such.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pigeon fission - the older brother witnessed via voice and imagination...